Skip to main content
Your home. In our villages.
HomeHaven, Inc.
291 Whitney Avenue
Suite 103
New Haven, CT 06511

Add Me To Your Mailing List
HomeNon-Medical Assistance at Home


Non-Medical Assistance at Home 


Griswold Special Care can provide you with non-medical assistance at home, such as someone to help with cleaning, cooking, bathing, dressing, or toileting.  Griswold is an excellent firm that has given our members prompt and outstanding support. Griswold provides two types of home health service:

•  Homemaker /Companions.  These workers can come to your home for varying amounts of time, depending on the need, and can even provide 24-hour per day live-in help.  Homemaker-companions can make meals, make beds, clean up the house, or accompany you, but they cannot provide services that require major physical contact with you.
•  Care-givers, Aides, or Certified Nursing Assistants (CNA). These individuals are trained and certified to help with basic tasks such as bathing, using the bathroom, and dressing.   They are not allowed to give medications, administer oxygen, etc.
In general, you would be responsible for payment for these services.  In some cases Medicare will pay for nursing care, physical therapy, occupational therapy, or speech-language pathology services. Generally, Medicare does not pay for long-term care (beyond your current illness or injury) – nor does it pay for coverage of non-skilled personal care such as help with bathing, dressing, eating, getting in or out of bed, and using the bathroom. For more information see Medicare and Home Health Care.

If you need non-medical home care call Griswold directly (203-776-2273) or the HomeHaven office (203-776-7378).  If you call Griswold directly,please inform the office for our records.  For medically necessary care see Medically-Necessary Skilled Care at Home.